BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Evelyn Reese





today marks the first birthday of my precious niece Evelyn. this post comes late in the day b/c i had to work all day but as tired as i am i HAD to post for Evy.


i cannot believe the whole first year of her life has gone by-it seriously flew by!!!! i remember very well a year ago today when sister came into the hospital where i work to check in for her c-section. i was so excited about the arrival of my niece i could barely focus on the tons of other patients we had to deal with that day!! when the time came for surgery my crew at south allowed me to be back in the O.R. for the whole ordeal. it was such a special time for me. i was supposed to be in charge of video taping Evy's first moments but luckily for me Lo took over on the camera and just allowed me to be in the moment. 

in the O.R. our docs like to listen to some jams while they work and the crew decided that i should scan the radio and find the perfect tune to help welcome little E into the world. and boy did i hit the jackpot finding aerosmith's "pink" on the radio! i found it was quite fitting, seeing how she was about to add a whole lot more pink into sister's life! 

when her time of arrival rolled around, her sissy (me) was there waiting with the drape to catch her-i was the very first person to hold her..straight from Dr. W's hands. and let me just say that was an amazing thing. i'm crying while typing this just thinking about how special it was!! 

little E is a very beautiful, special, precious girl and i hope and pray she will always know how much we ALL love her. the first little girl grand baby for my parents and hopefully not the last! girls are too much fun with all of their little prissy accessories :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVELYN REESE!! YOUR SISSY LOVES YOU LOTS!!!!

0 comments: